Now, you can conveniently schedule your pointe shoe fitting online. Selecting a Pointe Shoe is one of the most important parts of dance.
At Ballera, we go above and beyond what you would expect. When sizing a shoe there are many factors to consider. If the shoe fits, that doesn’t mean wear it!! You need to consider how your foot moves inside the shoe as well as how it sits.
Whether you are looking for your first pointe shoe or a replacement, we can help you find the right pointe shoes. We offer a variety of fitting services including:
- First Pair of Pointe Shoes
- Happy With Your Current Shoe But Need to Adjust the Fit
- Teacher Told Me to Get Pre-Point Shoes
- Replacement Shoe New to Ballera
- Replacement Pointe fitting
- Current Pair Replacement Pointe Shoe Fitting
What to Expect at Your Appointment
- Appointments are only offered at our retail store, and are scheduled at least one hour before store closing.
- Large Group fittings may be scheduled on Sundays by appointment only.
- Please bring your old pointe shoes and your current toe pads. Wearing a pair of tights is also helpful.
- Make sure your toenails are trimmed, but try not to cut them the day of the fitting, as this can cause sensitivity and will affect your perception of fit.
- Please allow about an hour minimum for your fitting, although you may be done sooner if you are experienced, are coming for a quick replacement, or know exactly what you want to try.
- Please show your pointe shoes to your teacher for approval before sewing on ribbon and elastics.
- Shoes may not be returned once they have been sewn.