Selecting a Pointe Shoe is one of the most important parts of dance.
Here at Ballera, we go above and beyond what you would expect. When sizing a shoe there are many factors to consider. If the shoe fits, that doesn’t mean wear it!! You need to consider how your foot moves inside the shoe as well as how it sits. Our staff is very experienced. Come visit our store and let us help you find the shoe that fits.
Please note: NO Pointe Shoes or fittings are available at the Wales location,
When we talk about the box, we’re referring to the hard enclosure at the front part of the shoe that encases and supports the dancers feet. The front part of the box is flattened, forming a platform and enables the dancer to balance. Satin covers the exterior of the box (as well as the whole pointe shoe) for an aesthetically pleasing look. However, some dancers take the satin that covers the platform off, to make the shoe less slippery.
The shank is a rigid piece of material that is placed on the inside of the shoe and supports the arch of the foot.
Schedule a Fitting!
Please call us at (262) 786-8868 to schedule a fitting today.
- Appointments are only offered at our retail store, and are scheduled at least one hour before store closing.
- Group fittings may be scheduled on Sundays by appointment only.
- Please bring your old pointe shoes and your current toe pads. Wearing a pair of tights is also helpful.
- Make sure your toenails are trimmed, but try not to cut them the day of the fitting, as this can cause sensitivity and will affect your perception of fit.
- Please allow about an hour minimum for your fitting, although you may be done sooner if you are experienced, are coming for a quick replacement, or know exactly what you want to try.
- Please show your pointe shoes to your teacher for approval before sewing on ribbon and elastics.
- Shoes may not be returned once they have been sewn.